Don't Kill Me

Image result for female infanticide
PC: www.emaze.com


Minutes before I pass down, unveiling my identity,
My bearer, I wish to say-be prepared to have their pity.
I fathom your despair; for I am not the first, there were also two ‘n three!
I understand-- for your people, it’s blissful-“he”, discontent-“she”!
In this moment of agony your heart cries out and I can see,
It’s not this pain, but you weep trepidation; loud prayers that I be “he”.
Hard will it be- some abuses, few sympathies; but happiness will flee,
Will you still hold me safe, “Mother, will you protect me?”

You know you’re lucky, who bloom each time, while few others make desperate plea,
If your people are so cruel, I wish in some other womb I could be!
The fateful is yet to come-no more in you; it’ll be you and me,
If head goes out I will see the ones, who sting you like bee,
If firm feet down, I go out; I’ll be safe till knee ---
You be brave, let me out, let’s begin with blood and sea,
Look around Mother; find a face –that’ll be happy to see me!
Will your people change, celebrate and ever accept me?

I wish to fly, soar high; with laurel return to you to our sweet tree,
All of this if your people come to terms with me being “she”!
The last minutes before I come, I wonder how safe I would be;
I know I was out of harm, for the time I hid ‘n no one knew me.
On my way should I give the loudest shrill or in silence make this plea?
Let me live as one amongst you, love me;
Hear my cry, I want this life; you’re my parents, please be! –
If you stop, even others won’t slay, listen to me---Don’t kill me!


Tagging this with "the tuesday platform" at "Imaginary garden with real toads". 

Comments

  1. Beautifully told....relevant....great message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heart wrenching appeal for LIFE

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas we still not value the she's high enough... that plea needs to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the abortionists don't really care. They only see the greenbacks to justify their greed!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Path of life

Learning from Experience

Scent of perfume (personified)